Vessel Type: Expedition Dive Vessel
Professionally designed and built long range coastal cruising / go anywhere / do anything boat. The hull was purpose designed by Gavin Mair at Global Marine Design to have the capability for long range cruising to remote areas like the Kimberley and the offshore reefs of the Coral sea. The boat was built in 2006 and has had the same owner since. It has primarily been used as a cruising / diving platform.
It has recently completed a 2 year voyage from Bundaberg in Qld to Geraldton in WA around the top of Australia. The twin water jet installation gives a shallow draft and allows the boat to tuck into anchorages that are not accessible to a lot of cruising vessels. The 30 degree dead rise on the centre hull makes for a very comfortable ride in rough conditions and the high speed of the vessel (30 knots light) allows for sprinting long distances between anchorages when good weather windows appear.
Designed to be easily trucked with the beam being kept to 3.5m hence not requiring an escort. The upper consul folds down to remove height restrictions.The single through deck makes for very easy on board living and it is fully sealed ensuring a very safe boat. There is an excellent galley space with ample storage for those long voyages. The visibility from the cabin is superb and makes you feel that you are living in the outdoors.
Marine Kit Number: MK 06011
Hull Length11.37 m37' 4"
Overall Length12.59 m41' 4"
Waterline Length10.50 m34' 5"
Beam3.475 m Moulded11' 4"
Draft @ Working Displ.0.80 m2' 7"
Working Displacement12.0 Tonnes26,450 lb
Light Displacement7.0 Tonnes15,430 lb
Deck height above Waterline0.28 m11"
Bow Freeboard at rest1.20 m3' 11"
Fuel Capacity4,000 Litres1,055 Us. Gal.
Engine/s2 x Yanmar 6LY3A-STP
Total Installed Power2 x 313 kW2 x 420 hp
Sprint Speed65 km/hr35 Knots
Cruise Speed46 km/hr25 Knots
Bottom Plates6 mm1/4 "
Side Plates4 mm5/32"
Main Deck Plates4 mm5/32"
Foredeck Plates4 mm5/32"
Superstructure Plating4 mm (4 mm Roof)5/32" (5/32")
Nominal Frame Spacing600 mm2'
Aluminium Delivery Pack Dimensionsmetricimperial
Shipping Weight4.2 Tonnes9,250 lb
SPECIFICATIONS AS FOLLOWS:
• 4000 l fuel
• Twin Yanmar 6LY3A-STP engines 440 hp, engine hours 1050
• Twin Ultra Jet 305 water jets
• Hardy Spicer drive shafts
• Fresh water flushing system for engines, flushed after every use
• Balmar battery charging system off main engines for batteries
• Volvo penta interceptor trim tabs
• Floscan fuel computers
• Racor 900 fuel filters
• Engine room fans
• Marine Air Flow air inlets
• Stainless steel water sea water strainers
• Custom designed underwater exhaust system
• FAbdock boat dock
• Comcork decking
• Sleeps 2 in double bed, galley table is designed to convert to second double bed
• Wallas diesel stove & oven
• Sovereign stainless steel gas barbecue
• Toilet with sullage tank
• Ocean torque boat stabilisers (http://www.boatstabilisersaustralia.com/)
• 90l Trailblaza freezer
• 200l eutectic fridge
• 160 l water
• Shurflo fresh & salt water pump
• Reelax drivers seat
Navigation equipment at both upper and lower consul
• Furuno Nav net 2 chart plotter / radar
• Cnet Max charts updated 2015
• Furuno FCV 585 depth sounder
• Furuno Navpilot auto pilot
• Icom IC-M422 VHF
• Richie compass
• 7hp Yanmar air cooled diesel
• Citor 90 l/hr desalinator
• Bauer Junior 2 dive compressor
• Balmar 80 amp alternator
• 2 x 220 amp hour Schonnesien dry fit house batterys
• 135 amp hour Schonnesian start battery
• 6 x unisolar 65 watt solar panels with shunt system to monitor battery condition
• Fusion marine AM/FM radio Ipod compatible
• Ampair 100 watt wind generator
• Ctek battery charger
• Selectronic 250W pure sine wave inverter
• Fans over bed
• Muir dual capstan anchor winch
• Main anchor Manson supreme 15 Kg 80m PWB 3/8 short link grade L galvanised chain with 100m of rope
• Secondary anchor genuine bruce 10 kg anchor with 50m PWB 3/8 short link grade L galvanised chain with 100m of rope
• Muir windlass control
• 4 life jackets
• GME Acustat EPIRB
• 3 x rule 3000 gallon per hour bilge pumps
• Jabsco Amazon Warrior manual bilge pump
• 2 x 4.5 kg dry powder extinguishers
• 3.9m Quintrex Explorer (2 years old)
• Carried piggy back on rear of boat
• Boat collars
• 10 hp tohatsu 4 stroke engine
• 6 hp Tohatsu 4 stroke auxilary engine
• Lowrance Elite 5 plotter sounder
• Sacra anchor with 10m 1/4 inch chain and 100m rope
• new Dunbier trailer